Monday, April 16, 2012

A lunch sack for Logan

 My son is starting a new preschool tomorrow and it goes through lunch time. (11-1:) So, he has to take a lunch. Being the budget savvy mom that I am (read: always looking for a project) I decided he needed a lunch bag instead of buying paper bags. Luckily I had everything on hand. I loosely used this tutorial, except I made it 13x10, added stabilizer and a lining, and a Velcro closure. I cut his name using my Silhouette. It was my first time cutting fabric and it worked perfectly! I ironed fusible webbing on first, then set the machine to cut fabric and two minutes later, perfect letters!
If I did it again, I would sew the velcro tab into the seam between the lining and outside, as well as adding the velcro on the outside before sewing it together.

No comments: